Friday 9 December 2011

Evaluation

The final group animation managed to convey the concept that we had. I think the flow of animation is very good. First exterior is exposed followed by insides of the guildhall and then the close up of the interior.
The trip to Finchigfield was very useful as I got to see how Guildhall actually looks. The architecture drawings were great help for modelling. I have spent great amount of time analyzing the plans to understand how Guildhall will look in the future. I have tried to make Guildhall look as realistic as I can do at this time.
I have learned some new animating techniques. My favourite was biped walk. And this was just a small part of what bipeds can do. Bipeds are the part that I want to look into deeper as next semester I will have character animation module.
As for my next project I would try to be more organized during the production process cause its hard at the end to track down the in between creation parts. I also should focus more on pre-production stage and layout clear final concepts that are meant to be visualized. The first animation scene was made as intended. However, I have not thought about distinguishing the exterior walls in 1st scene. The same material for both present and future walls makes slice animation less noticeable. The second scene was time consuming because I had to put all inside walls in the place as mentioned personal organisation problems. The text describing rooms is not vivid, does not stand out. I would think trough how to make text more distinct from the environment. My exterior scenes could be improved with better lighting set-up instead of using just a skylight.

No comments:

Post a Comment