Sunday 4 December 2011

Animating Slice and Morph Modifiers. new techniques

For the exterior scene group decided to show present and future state of the Guildhall. To change the exterior walls I decided to use slice modifier. I had to slice 8 walls. First I had to group every wall with its windows and doors. Then I applied slice modifier. After setting up slice plane with autokey on I noticed that windows do not get sliced. The problem was solved by applying editable poly mode to the whole group and then applying slice tool on top. This worked well for most of the walls. However, few walls still failed to remove doors and windows. In order to fix this I attached doors and windows to the wall itself. Then slice tool work as required. The slice tool was also applied to pathway to change the old entrance and path to new glazed walkway and pathway.



The bottom of the guildhall was applied with bricks material which had grass over it. I wanted to change its material along with animation to a new brick cover. For this i created morph material. Then i applied morph modifier to the model. Then using autokey I changed old brick material to new brick material.

No comments:

Post a Comment